The information is prepared and updated by Massimiliano Zulian, manager of the website and owner of processing of related personal data, residing in via Lungo Serio 10/B13 – 24050 Grassobbio (BG) e-mail info(at)starpixel.it
Any further request related to how cookies are used in this website can be sent to the e-mail address info(at)starpixel.it.
You can use the same address to exercise the rights that are guaranteed to you as person involved by the Codice Privacy (art. 7 and ss D.Lgs. 3th June 2003, n. 196: for example, access, deletion, update, correction, integration, etc…) and also to request an updated list of the responsible persons for personal data processing, if designated.
Your personal data are not communicated of propagated in any way.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment (usually to the user’s browser) by visited websites; they are stored in the user’s terminal equipment to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the user’s subsequent visits to those websites. When navigating a website, a user may happen to receive cookies from other websites or web servers, which are the so-called “third party” cookies. This happens because the visited website may contain items such as images, maps, sound files, links to individual web pages on different domains that are located on servers other than the one where the page being visited is stored.
Cookies are present as a rule in substantial numbers in each user’s browser and at times they remain stored for long. They are used for several purposes ranging from IT authentication to the monitoring of browsing sessions up to the storage of specific information on user configurations in accessing a given server, and so on.
HOW MANY COOKIE TYPES EXIST?
Cookies may be distinguished into two major group: “technical” cookies and “profiling” cookies.
Technical cookies are those used exclusively with a view to “carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service.”
They are not used for further purposes and are usually installed directly by the data controller or the website manager. They can be grouped into browsing or session cookies, which allow users to navigate and use a website (e.g. to purchase items online or authenticate themselves to access certain sections); analytics cookies, which can be equated to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website; functional cookies, which allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language or products to be purchased so as to improve the quality of service.
Technical cookies can be subdivided into:
• navigation cookies, that ensure normal navigation and fruition of the website (allowing, for example, to complete a purchase or to authenticate to access restricted areas);
• analytics cookies, assimilated to technical cookies only if used directly by the website manager to collect aggregated information about the number of users and how they visit the website;
• functionality cookies, that ensure the navigation according to a set of selected criterias (for example, the language, the products in the cart) to improve the service for the user
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles. They are used to send ads messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation. In the light of the highly invasive nature of these cookies vis-à-vis users’ private sphere, Italian and European legislation requires users to be informed appropriately on their use so as to give their valid consent.
Cookies can also be classified as follows:
• session cookies, that are deleted immediately when the navigation browser is closed;
• persistent cookies, that are stored in the browser for a period of time. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to the website, making the user authentication easier;
• first-party cookies, that are created and managed directly by the website manager;
• third-party cookies, that are created and managed by different subjects than the website manager.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIE DOES STARPIXEL.IT USE?
Technical cookies are the only type of cookies that are used on this website to ensure you a pleasant navigation.
We do not use any profiling cookie.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY COOKIES?
The user can block or limit the cookies reception through the browser’s options.
• In Internet Explorer 11, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options. Select the Privacy tab, and under Settings, select Advanced and choose if you want to allow, block or be prompted for first and third party cookies.
• In Firefox, click the menu button and choose Options, select the Privacy panel. Set “Firefox will” to “Use custom settings for history.
Check mark “Accept cookies from sites” to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
• In Chrome, at the top-right, click More and then Settings. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings. In the ‘Privacy’ section, click Content settings. Under ‘Cookies’, choose to allow or block local data. At the bottom-right, click Done.
• In Safari, select Preferences, click Privacy, then choose how to treat cookies in the “Block Cookies” section.
• If you are using Safari on mobile devices, such as iPhone and iPad, tap Settings > Safari > Block Cookies. Choose an option: Always Block, Allow from Current Websites Only, Allow from Websites I Visit, or Always Allow.